Vegan diet (I Went Vegan for 30 Days. Health Results Shocked Me)
I tried to go vegan a year ago I tried for six days and by the end of the six days I was completely and utterly exhausted hadn't had any experts nobody that was actually vegan tell me how to do it so what I've done is I've gathered several experts athletes, nutritionists, doctors helped me throughout this process to begin I'm gonna be meeting with dr. Matthew Letterman who works with Whole Foods Who's written books on this and he is gonna take the grocery shopping and make sure I buy all the right ingredients and all the right foods I've always convinced myself that I need to eat meat for protein for energy so this is gonna be challenging every single nutritional idea that I've ever had in my head let's go meet Matthew and let the day begin thank you for the coming year to have you here have you noticed differences and how people react to a vegan diet really what what you're eating and we like to say Whole Foods plant-based fruits vegetables whole grains and starchy vegetable legumes and then some nuts and seeds what you want to get rid of is the processed and obviously, the question that every single vegan gets is how do you get enough protein every plant food has protein so if you're getting your 2,000 calories a day or whatever you need you're gonna blow away the number of essential amino acids you need I mean that's a perfect segue into what we're about to do next year which is you know my grocery shop, yeah the grown man is I have to admit slightly embarrassing sobbing that's do To by so this is what it all looks like the good news is that I get to eat a lot more than I'm used to having a yes the odd thing about this is that here I have to like be very aware of everything that I'm putting into my body so it's a great exercise and awareness and self awareness of what was consuming in the meantime I'm gonna have some dinner this is Matt's Breakfast let's do a nice little nutritional bars seaweed dried mangos lots of almonds apple banana I'm like literally trying to load up as much as I can like I'm eating more than I think is normal in about three hours we're gonna meet with a vegan bodybuilder and he hopefully is gonna make me feel good about myself and say that I'm doing things right trying to gain muscle you know which is why I want to talk to this bodybuilder because I'm trying to be a bodybuilder don't tell the guys name has been big in his entire lifewell vegetarian and then vegan ever since five years what's been the either it's always dependent on the person's right whatever their papers are I Wanted to cookie I Figured if I can do it as being it and show and not only like live and thrive on a diet but you could be like so then maybe it was kind of like change that notion but it's still every single day I Get it minority get your protein I'm Like struggling to get the routine here is like drinking calling card for veganism or vegan of protein I'm just like well but I do like a freakin twig thanks to bean and rice Farina and much aloneness Justin Bieber style baby mmm snacks in the lunches and dinners are also tasty the one thing about this is just like I feel like I'm constantly thinking about food and what I need to consume it's like almost like a job to make sure that you're on top of your nutrition and I hope that this is just temporary because if it's always like this and you always think about what you're eating next and all that then it's just like yeah I think I'm gonna go crazy on to day five tomorrow after one week of going vegan I was honestly feeling great but I wanted to better understand the vegan community as a whole and see how veganism can help people who aren't necessarily professional athletes all right we areon our way to a dinner hosted by RobbieBarbaraRobbie is the founder of a companycalled mastering diabetes and he usesplant-based Whole Foods to help himselfand others overcome diabetesyou persimmons egg persimmons hi personthis is a hi Chia person if you try toeat that early it would taste like chopyou can have a freevariety this is agiant for you well this is a chocolatehi Chiaall right where are all these fruits gobaby do you only eat fruit so I eatfruits greens and non starchy vegetablepeople type bees are scared of fruitthey're scared of potatoes the scammerrice but we teach them the more of thoseyou eat the better your diabetes healtheating too much fat particularlysaturated fat causes insulin resistanceokayso when you take out the fat you can eatthe carbohydrates without having insulinspikes and it's meat the high fat meatis yes even lean meats are still high infat we have over a hundred millionpeople in the US alone that have eithertype 2 diabetes or prediabetes really 100 know a third of the population yes what and have you been able to reverse diabetes for tattoos absolutely we have lots of testimony do we have a man come to us he was told and he did six bypasses decided you know what I'm gonna watch this information I'm gonna apply this out of the bypasses pronounced see what happens they didn't need them who reverse this heart disease and avoided six bypasses surgeriesoh my god Magic Man Magic Man so I was watching Taco Bell commercial and I was like I kind of want to talk about like obviously I can't have talked about I mean I can't go on to it.
I don't want to wanted to recreate it just using plants so what the hell let me get that then you just you just douse the guacamole oh I feel kind of amazing is the best part actually after you eat you don't feel like you need to take a two-hour nap you can crush food and not feel guilty about it at this point.
I felt really good and I was happy with everything I'd heard for my new vegan friends but now I wanted to get a perspective from someone who didn't believe that a vegan diet was the best diet to follow and so the next day I sat down to talk with max Luca veer author of the book genius foods to get his take on veganism dude you got started nutrition unexpectedly correct yeah I was a journalist and my mom got sick she had a very young age developed the earliest symptoms of dementia it sent me down the rabbit hole to try to understand why this would have happened to a woman in her age you know my mom was at the receiving end of nutritional information magazines and newspapers and shows and things like that now I know that in many ways some of the information that she was fed was not all that accurate and that continues to happen to people all around the world so I started reading study after study after study in a nutshell I've had a tremendous amount of exposure to this topic is there anything that stuck out immediately that you really Wow the standard American diet is poison it involves 60% of your calories coming from ultra-processed foods a vegan diet plant-based diet is one way but it'snot the only way incorporating properly raised animal products can be perfectly healthy we have nutrients that are called micronutrients and I think when you look at the micronutrients that are offered in animal foods I think they're invaluable to the body because they're already sort of in a plug-and-play format ready to be utilized by the body how do you think is how do you even choose just like there's a new book .
There's a new documentary new thing coming out every two seconds but it does seem like the consensus implants are good yeah that's the consensus but the fact that its anything to an extreme may not be the right answer for most people there's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all diet what works for you may not work for me at the end of the day I would encourage your viewers to research for themselves look to get their information from unbiased and credible sources and to be willing to iterate and tinker thank you for saying confused talking to an only smart well studied the people and they have different look if I were to do this right I have to spend like a decade researching day 15 halfway there and more confused than ever from day 16 to day 26.
I went traveling and even though continuing with the vegan challenge while traveling was hard it was actually pretty doable the Syrian Restaurant were going to this morning here in Germany is hopefully vegan hopefully he keeps saying that it is wise I have my nuts in my body thanks dude and by the time I came back I was luckily able to sit down with the main person who inspired me to take on this challenge James Wilkes the producer and protagonist of the hit documentary game changers it's perfect amazing thank you James nice to finally a min a little over a month ago is when I first saw game-changers well-done man it was so so well done yeah everybody's talking about it Wow my whole attempt in making this blog is to kind of get all perspective and I see you as like the I mean the front-runner in this movement in the vegan movement any direction that you take towards more plant-based food in is gonna be beneficial replacing both Alfred and a lot of resources well James I don't want to take much more of your time.
I'm excited that I have to complete my challenge yes we'll be able to tell the blood work whether I've Changed but at least I don't feel worse that's the main thing all right time to get the blood results your matman b12 actually improved but that's from supplementary so to say like a true vegan diet your vitamin b12 is gonna go up you can't confidently say that we actually saw a pretty sharp increase in your total testosterone you know whether or not the being indicted right for you, I'd say this is a huge positive benefit your TSH or your library actually approved what does that worry you Tyrone is part of the liver it has almost some effect on everybody system so energy sleep your t4 looks superior as well music great you've actually decreased the amount of good cholesterol that you have and if you're eating a lot of fish like salmon and tuna before stay on your diet yeah so everywhere it came from you want to remain on the vegan diet you really have to ramp up their source of good healthy fats to kind of counterbalance what's been, roommates judgment your protein levels look actually well yeah an amazing surprise then we want to look at your total buyer actually improved with an E and diagnoses your your phenomenon at this point it's bad especially as the number one thing I was worried about, yeah your eye looks even better now yeah you know of everything puppies is best for you early night wow yeah I did not expect the results to be that good it's actually quite shocking I kind of feel like I don't have a choice but to go the majority of lambasting results were better after they were before and I was already eating so healthy I think I'll still have some animal product once in a while but most defended because it is very restrictive so this is nice to be able to pick for yourself what you want .




Comments
Post a Comment